It is an undeniable fact, we are all, men and women alike, exposed to the risk of developing dark spots on the face during our life .We don't really think about it when we're young and our complexion doesn't show any marks. We expose ourselves to the sun without protecting ourselves, we invest all our efforts to come back from vacation with a tanned body, we expose ourselves to UV rays when we have small pimples thinking that it will help us to make them disappear... And then one day, from the age of 35 on average, we see brown spots appear on the face. In men, they will tend to settle on the edges of the face. In women, brown spots are more disparate and can go so far as to cover the entire face during pregnancy in particular.
Depending on the seriousness of the situation, some manage to live with it. For others, the spots are so present that it is no longer a question of going out without makeup, including in summer.
But what are brown spots? Why and how do they disturb the harmony of our complexion? Can we really fix this problem?
In this post, we explain how to protect yourself from brown spots on the face and how to act in two steps to find a nice luminous and harmonious complexion.
What are brown spots?
Dark spots on the face are the result of an overproduction of melanin , the pigment that gives our skin its natural color. It is the association of a combination of amino acids, in particular L-dopa and tyrosine. The latter is also involved in the functioning of our thyroid.
With normal or moderate exposure to the sun, the melanocyte , the cell that produces melanin, will activate to allow this pigment to protect our skin from free radicals and preserve our cellular DNA. This biological phenomenon is called melanogenesis , specifically orchestrated by an activating enzyme: tyrosinase . When needed, tyrosinase activates tyrosine present in melanosomes and transforms it into melanin.
But then, why does this process become deleterious at times? There are two situations in which melanogenesis gets out of hand and can cause dark spots on face. The first concerns an overproduction of pigment. The second relates more to a dysfunction of the melanocyte.
• Sun exposure
This is typically the moment when everything can switch to brown spots. Exposure to the sun must be done gradually. You should also apply creams that will help screen out the sun's rays and its oxidative stress, in order to prevent the appearance of dark spots on the face. If this is not the case, the skin will do its job and will lead to an overproduction of pigments which can stain the skin of our face. So, enjoy the sun without burning your skin .
Sometimes it is thought that the sun can reduce the appearance of acne pimples. However, this lure only exists for one summer and budding resumes in September. But there is worse. When you have pimples, you may tend to break them while this creates microlesions, conducive to the generation of brown spots on the face. We also insist on the use of unsuitable or too abrasive anti-acne products. The vulnerability of the skin is even greater and so are the risks of marks. If you have blemishes, treat them with gentle products like those in our Pur Paradisi purifying and anti-blemish range.
• Hormonal treatments
We can no longer really ignore it, the causal link between hormonal or contraceptive treatments and brown spots is proven. Hormones have a great influence on the harmony of the skin. Women notice this especially when they are pregnant, with the appearance of melasma or pregnancy mask, which blurs the complexion. Estrogens and progesterones will modify the nature of the melanocyte by activating melanin. If you are concerned, be extremely attentive to your exposure to the sun, so as not to promote the development of brown spots on your skin. Consult your gynecologist or midwife to talk about it.
• Drug treatments
Certain treatments, in particular chemotherapy, will act on the functioning of the cell and create greater photosensitivity. Do not stop your treatments, but be more vigilant during periods of exposure to the sun, in order to avoid the appearance of brown spots on the face and to hydrate and nourish your skin as much as possible.
Fight against the appearance of dark spots during the day
No matter how many dark spots your face has right now, it's a two-part fight. Day and night, the care intentions for dark spots on the face are not the same.
During the day, it is especially important to avoid feeding the problem. We fight against existing brown spots and we put everything in place to reject the external causes that could create others.
• First shield: Perfect Pisum Anti-Dark Spot Radiance Booster Botanical Serum
This serum is a true cellular protector against oxidative stress, the effects of aging and reactions specific to photosensitivity, such as dark spots on the face.
It contains the following assets:
- Our Immunox ® patent : The flagship active ingredient of our Saeve products, our complex, made up of fresh organic Birch Sap and organic Chaga , stops more than 90% of the generation of free radicals and protects our cellular DNA by more than 70%.
- Antioxidants capable of limiting the action of tyrosinase and the production of melanin, to correct brown spots on the face: titrated pea extracts .
- Encapsulated white mulberry Oxyresveratrol also modulating the action of tyrosinase.
- Powerful Vitamin C , antioxidant and protective, with anti-dark spot and cell regeneration properties.
• Second shield: Multi-Defense Detox Cream SPF30 Officinale Detox
With this cream, the idea is to deploy the means of defense against free radicals, in particular by protecting the skin from UV rays and pollution.
This effective cream contains the ingredients below:
- Unsurprisingly, we put a good dose of our Immunox ® patent .
- Dandelion titrated extracts are our best friends. They make it possible to depollute our small cells in contact with external toxins.
- Encapsulated Apple Phloretin actively fights against free radicals through its antioxidant action.
Work deeply on dark spots at night
When the day, we protect, the night, we treat in depth the brown spots on the face and we boost the cellular renewal to make room for a new skin.To do this, we offer you another beneficial elixir, our Botanical Night Serum Micro Peel New Skin Perfect Pisum . Its application will allow a gentle micro-exfoliation, without aggressive reaction on the skin, in order to optimize the regeneration of the latter and free your skin from brown spots on the face. Brightening and light come back in force on the complexion.
This wonderful serum contains:
- The Immunox ® patented ultra-antioxidant to help you in the cell regeneration process, in particular thanks to the richness in natural nutrients of fresh organic Birch Sap.
- Fruit acids (AHA) to activate a gentle micro-peeling.
- Our radiance enhancers, titrated Pea extracts .
- Nourishing encapsulated yeast extracts to promote optimal tissue renewal. If the appearance of brown spots on the face is unavoidable, it is no less certain that we have beautiful natural solutions to help you prevent the appearance of brown spots on the face and to correct them. We invite you to read the testimonials of women who have seen their complexion light up thanks to our products one fine morning.
Let's try to take care of our Light